Private Landlord Services and Property Management from Reeds Rains
Reeds Rains provides a fully comprehensive range of services designed for private landlords in the process of renting out their properties. Our services include:
- Rental valuation of a residential property
- Tenant finder and let only service
- Rent collection service
- Full property management service
How Much Can I Rent my Property for?
To find out how much you could rent out a property for simply fill in our online contact form and we will get in touch with you to arrange a rental valuation of your UK property. A free rental valuation from Reeds Rains is your first step towards letting your property and generating a rental income from your investment.
Which level of service is right for you?
At Reeds Rains we offer three types of Letting Service - Let Only, Rent Collection and Full Management. Your decision depends on how much involvement you want with the running of the tenancy AFTER the tenant has moved into the property.
Let Only Service
This tenant finder service provides everything you would require until the tenant moves into the property.
On receipt of formal instruction to let your property we will take care of:
- Marketing - Circulating details of your property to potential tenants throughout the Reeds Rains network. Informing a large selection of companies and relocation agents. Advertising in your local press. Placing a ‘To Let’ board at the property.
- Viewings - Accompany prospective tenants and advising you immediately of tenancy applications.
- Vetting candidates - Interviewing and obtaining tenant credit checks and guarantors when necessary.
- Tenancy Agreement - Preparing the documentation required by current legislation.
- Collecting the first month’s rent and deposit.
Rent Collection Service
This option is for landlords who want to manage the property themselves on a day-to-day basis, yet want a professional approach to the collection of rent.
In addition to all the Let Only Services, we will take care of:
- Collect the rent and pay it over to you by BAC transfer, less our fees and expenses
- Monitor rent payments, issue a rent statement of account and alert you if the tenants fall behind.
- Negotiate and process a rent review at an appropriate time.
- Hold the Tenants security deposit.
- We can arrange an inspection at the end of the tenancy if the current inventory has been prepared by Reeds Rains.
Full Property Management Service
This is the hassle free option if you wish us to take complete control of letting your residential property from beginning to end.
In addition to all the Rent Processing Services, we will take care of:
- Arrange the inventories and Schedules of Conditions you need prior to letting.
- Readings of the utilities will be given to your chosen provider with the exception of British Telecom; however, we cannot guarantee that our readings will be recognised.
- Hold the tenant’s security deposit.
- Inspect and report upon your property quarterly, coordinating minor repairs up to an agreed limit and settling invoices from rents received.
- Advise you when the tenancy is coming to an end and seek your instructions for re-letting or selling the property.
- Arrange a full property inspection and inventory at the end of the tenancy.
- Agree any dilapidations (over and above fair wear and tear) with tenants before releasing their deposit.
- Arrange any necessary cleaning and minor repairs, deducting costs from the tenant’s deposit where applicable and agreed.
- Monitor rent payments and alert you if tenants fall behind or breach the Tenancy Agreement.
Choosing a Letting Agent
Letting residential property in England and Wales is covered by various Housing Acts, and Landlord and Tenant Acts, as well as various Safety Regulations. Using a letting agent is by far the best way of ensuring that your property—and you as the landlord—are protected from issues raised by these Acts and Regulations.
Your letting agent will owe both you and your tenant a "duty of care". It is important that this duty of care is backed up with both "public liability insurance" and "professional indemnity insurance". Any funds belonging to either the landlord or the tenant should be kept in a separate client account and not used by the agent in the course of their business.
Why Reeds Rains?
Reeds Rains prides itself on ensuring that we act in the best interests of our clients and provide a comprehensive service backed by all of the required insurances, as well as operating a complaints procedure, should the need arise, which adheres to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Guidelines.
Trained and Qualified Staff
We have a programme of continuous staff development to ensure that the experts dealing with your asset are always up to speed with the current issues, as well as changes in legislation. We monitor our safety contractors to make sure that they have all of the required professional qualifications and memberships at all times.
Expert Local Knowledge
Letting property whether by necessity, or as an investment, within the North of England and North Wales, appears in many publications, to offer the best yields, and who better to let through than the North’s Leading Independent Estate Agent.
For further details please contact your local Reeds Rains branch and we will be only too pleased to discuss the letting of your property further.