Retirement is considered to be about relaxing, spending time with loved ones and enjoying the time off that you have worked so hard to achieve. But have you thought about where you would like to live? Whether you fancy a rural retreat or a bustling town, at Reeds Rains we are able to offer you lots of locations around the coutry.
Age-friendly accommodation (55+) is becoming an increasing trend, with modern living space and communal areas it's easy to see why. Safe and accessible area and buildings are essential for meeting like minded people and developments are often located close to green spaces and local amenities such as shops, doctors, pharmacies, post offices and grocery stores. This is especially important for safe guarding your independence and encouraging an active life.
Take a look at our top tips for helping you choose the ideal retirement home
- If you're moving closer to friends or family as many do, you may also be spending more time at home so it's important to be aware of the local area. Does it offer all the facilities you need?
- The facilities on offer vary depending on your needs and whether you're looking to purchase an apartment in a retirement village, a cottage, an apartment in a small complex or something else. There's so much on offer, so it's important that you do your research.
- As you would expect with any new build, there are many advantages such as being energy efficient, modern, spacious and more. Plus, safety and security is often taken care of too with extra security systems such as video entry, alarm cords etc.
- Whichever property you choose, you will live independently offering you the flexibility to come and go as you please.
- New homes are also designed according to your own needs and level of care requirements so please be aware that the higher the level or care required, the higher the service charges.