It's easy to see why Yorkshire appeals so much to buyers. Yorkshire offers:
- towns and cities - like York - that are steeped in Viking and Roman history.
- two national parks - the Yorkshire Dales and the Peak District.
- stunning historic buildings like Castle Howard just outside of Malton.
- a beautiful stretch of coastline meandering through Whitby, Scarborough and Bridlington.
- Industrial Revolution-era towns and cities which are now diverse cosmopolitan hubs - places like Leeds, Hebden Bridge and Sheffield.
- the European Capital of Culture 2017 - Hull.
In honour of Yorkshire Day - 1st August - we've chosen to highlight six very varied properties for sale in the white rose county:
Quarry Hill, Horbury, Wakefield
A substantial Victorian residence built in the 1870s with a wealth of original features.
Hebble End, Hebden Bridge
A fantastic location within the popular town of Hebden Bridge, overlooking the canal. A very sought after property.
Crown Terrace, Scarborough
A spacious, beautifully decorated house on Scarborough's South Cliff.
Southcoates Lane, Hull
Offers in excess of £105,000
A bay fronted family home on Hull's leafy Southcoates Lane.
Back Street, Wold Newton, Driffield
Keeping a watchful eye over the peaceful village green this superb 17th century farm house offers a fantastic opportunity to purchase your very own piece of history.
Mill Hill Road, Pontefract
Style and sophistication are on offer in this Vistorian residence.
Already living in Yorkshire and wondering how much your home is worth? Click here for a free instant online valuation >