Many of us dream of our very own walk-in wardrobe, who wouldn’t want all that space to fill? More space equals more clothes! With London Fashion Week now under way, here are our top tips for creating a walk-in wardrobe that even Kendall Jenner would be proud of.
- It’s all about shelves – custom shelving is a great way of displaying handbags, shoes and more, you’ll be amazed how much you could fit in such a small space.
- Make the most of alcoves and redundant space by installing a rail or using this as an extension of your walk-in wardrobe.
- Fit hooks inside of your cupboards for jewellery and bags.
- Divide your drawers – by dividing the space in your drawers you will fit much more inside of them. Drawers are ideal for items like underwear, socks, ties and items that don’t require hanging.
- Don’t think you need to spend a fortune - IKEA have a great selection of built in wardrobes if you’re a DIY expert or you can find companies who will come out and do free design visits and find the best way to utilise your space.
- Use the same hangers – invest in some matching hangers rather than using ones from shops, this will help make the space look much neater and things will be easier to find.
- Go all the way to the ceiling – even if you can’t reach this will provide you with extra storage space for other things and will look much neater.
- Don’t forget lighting – if there’s no natural light in the room, you may need to consider LED lighting. You could also install lights under shelving for a decadent feel.
- If you want to create the illusion of more space, stick to mirrored or gloss doors.
- Take a look at our Pinterest board for more inspiration.
Fancy your own walk-in wardobe? Take a look at this property for sale in St Helens here...
Top images taken from Pinterest.