Have you thought about buying a new build home? Buying a new build home can present many opportunities such as picking your own décor, access to incentives and more.
There are many advantages to buying a new build home such as:
- There shouldn’t be any big repairs or redecorating to do as everything will be brand new
- Most new builds come with a warranty and protection scheme
- Incentives can be available such as free carpets, help with legal fees and stamp duty, part exchange etc.
- New homes tend to be more energy efficient
- A blank canvas for you to make your own stamp on
- There’s no owners which reduces the chain
- Safety and security, new homes often have alarms, fire doors etc.
- Location, new homes are often built where there’s high demand meaning a great and convenient location
- Depending on the stage of the plot you may be able to choose some of the décor.
Things to consider:
- You may have to wait for the property to be built and finished
- Take into consideration hidden costs
- Check what’s included in the sale
- Do your research
- Go along to any open days and visit the show home and always make sure you walk around the whole development