Safe Routine Visits Guidance for Tenants
You will know that visiting properties is an inherent part of our service. For the time being the majority of our contact with tenants and landlords will be conducted using digital tools and virtual meetings but there are occasions where a physical visit is required/appropriate.
Book a free, no obligation, valuation with one of our local property experts to find out how much your property is worth today.
Whilst we want to continue to provide our usual high levels of personal service in the future, this cannot be delivered in a post-Covid 19 environment without some key changes to the way that we operate. The main outcome is to ensure that we protect our colleagues and customers in equal measure.
Preventing Transmission Summary
We have reviewed our processes and made a number of changes to that way that we operate to ensure we keep colleagues and customers safe. If you feel that you are not able to meet any of these key points please let our team know as soon as possible.
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR OCCUPANTS WHO WILL BE MEETING ONE OF OUR TEAM OR AN AGENT ACTING FOR US
THERE MAY BE SOME FURTHER GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS THAT WILL NEED TO BE OBSERVED IN ADDITION TO THESE GUIDELINES
- If there have been any changes to anyone’s health status which would affect our ability to proceed with the appointment safely please let us know as soon as possible.
- Although the government’s position on social distancing has been relaxed, it is our internal policy to continue to socially distance at 2m+ to keep our agents and customers safe.
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- We ask that all estate agents, letting agents and occupiers wear a suitable face covering during the appointment, unless they are exempt from this requirement.
- Where possible, we ask that all lights are switched on and doors opened. Commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Please wash/sanitise your hands before and after the appointment
- All discussions must take place in a well ventilated space
- If the agent suffers any injury or illness you must contact the relevant branch office and seek further guidance. If the incident is an emergency please call 999
- Please advise us if you have any concerns, or personal restrictions, which would make adherence to the standards noted above challenging.